Warning Signs & Risk Factors
Warning Signs and Common Symptoms of Stroke
If you have any of the following warning signs for stroke, call 911 immediately:
- Sudden weakness or numbness of the face, arm, or leg-especially along one side of the body.
- Sudden confusion.
- Sudden dimness or loss of vision, particularly in one eye.
- Sudden difficulty speaking or trouble understanding speech.
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause.
- Unexplained dizziness, unsteadiness, or sudden falls, especially with any of the other signs.
Recognizing and responding to these symptoms right away could save a life – maybe even your own. Remember, call 911 immediately if you see anyone experiencing any of these symptoms, or are experiencing them yourself.