Jewish Hospital Shelbyville has provided comprehensive, high-quality services to the people of Shelby, Henry and Spencer counties for more than 100 years. Located just 30 minutes east of downtown Louisville, the 42-private bed community hospital provides a full range of comprehensive services including 24/7 emergency care, critical care, state of the art diagnostic imaging, cardiac & pulmonary rehabilitation, general and specialized surgery, physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech language pathology, pain management, sleep medicine, and wound care.
Founded in 1906 by the King’s Daughters & Sons Organization, the hospital was originally located on Henry Clay Street in downtown Shelbyville. In 1954, the community opened a new facility in what was then the “far western” part of Shelby County, offering growth in space and new services. In the late 1980’s, Jewish Hospital HealthCare Services began management of the hospital and in 1992 purchased the facility. Since that time, the Jewish Hospital organization has invested over $45 million in facility updates and new services.
In 2012, Jewish Hospital Shelbyville, along with the Jewish Hospital & St. Mary’s HealthCare organization merged with Saint Joseph Health System forming KentuckyOne Health, the Commonwealth’s largest health system with more than 200 locations including hospitals, outpatient facilities and physician offices, and more than 3,100 licensed beds. An 18-member volunteer board of directors governs KentuckyOne Health, its facilities and operations, including Jewish Hospital Shelbyville, with this mission:
To bring wellness, healing and hope to all, including the underserved.
To transform the health of communities, care delivery and health care professions so that individuals and families can enjoy the best of health and wellbeing.
Reverence: Respecting those we serve and those who serve.
Integrity: Doing the right things in the right way for the right reason.
Compassion: Sharing in others’ joys and sorrows.
Excellence: Living up to the highest standards.