Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Our cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation programs help you restore and maintain optimal heart and lung health, while helping to reduce the risk of future problems. Some of the benefits you can expect upon completing our rehab program include:
- Improved fitness levels
- Reduction of symptoms
- Smoking cessation
- maintenance of a healthy weight
- Reduction of cholesterol levels and blood pressure
- Lower levels of anxiety and depression
- Better control of diabetes
- Improved communication with your physician and other health care providers about your progress
- Development of support network with other participants
What To Expect
Cardiac and pulmonary rehab participants require a physician referral; we will contact your physician to obtain this order. We will then conduct a clinical assessment of your personal health and risk factors and design a treatment program to fit your specific needs that can include:
- Fitness training with treadmills, elliptical trainers, recumbent bicycles and free weights.
- Educational classes which address an array of risk factors to ensure you have the information, support and resources needed for optimal recovery.
- One-on-one consultation with a registered dietitian to evaluate and modify diet.
- Monthly group counseling and weekly coping skill sessions to address your emotional and behavioral health.
Traditional Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
Cardiac Rehab is a lifesaver; it reduces the chances of a fatal heart attack by 20-30 percent. It can help lessen the effects of heart disease while improving your stamina and ability to return to your usual activities. Usually the program occurs over three months, and you will meet for a total of 36 hours.
Because our advanced cardiac rehab takes a holistic approach to heart health, our program stands above traditional options. This advanced program offers educational classes, dietary consultations and stress management guidance, in addition to the fitness training and monitoring found in traditional cardiac rehab. Our advanced cardiac rehab is covered by Medicare and commercial insurance for the following conditions:
- Bypass surgery
- Valve surgery
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Heart attack
- Heart transplant
- Heart failure
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
Pulmonary rehab can make a major difference in your quality of life, reducing symptoms like shortness of breath, tiredness and depression, as well as improving stamina and strength so you can get back to life. These are the diagnoses that Medicare and commercial insurance will cover for pulmonary rehab:
- Chronic bronchitis
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Lung cancer and lung cancer surgery
- Lung volume reduction surgery
- Lung transplant
Find a Healthy Lifestyle Center Near You
We offer five convenient locations:
- Medical Center Jewish Northeast - 2401 Terra Crossing Blvd., Louisville, KY
- Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital - 1850 Bluegrass Avenue, Louisville, KY
- Medical Plaza II - 250 East Liberty, Suite 102, Louisville, KY
- Jewish Hospital Shelbyville - 727 Hospital Drive, Shelbyville, KY
- Saint Joseph Hospital - 1401 Harrodsburg Road, Building A, Suite 480, Lexington, KY
For more information, call 502.581.0110 or email (Louisville and surrounding counties) or 859.313.4793 or email (Lexington and surrounding counties).