The hand is so complex that seeing a physician who specializes in comprehensive care of the upper extremity may yield the best solution – even for conditions or injuries that seem insignificant.
Combining expertise in orthopaedic, plastic and general surgery, the surgeons at the Jewish Hospital Hand Care Center perform a wide variety of surgical and non-surgical procedures for both common and rare conditions, including:
- Emergency treatment of minor and major hand and upper-extremity injuries available with the Hand Care Emergency Services in the downtown Jewish Hospital Emergency Department.
- Fractures of the hand, arm and shoulder
- Birth defects of the hand
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and repetitive motion problems
- Joint replacements
- Cysts, tumors and skin lesions
- Scar removal or revision
- Diseases that affect the upper extremities such as arthritis
- Job-related injuries, including case management and occupational health services
- Sports injuries
- Hand and arm burns or disabling injuries
- Hand therapy
To learn more about the Jewish Hospital Hand Care Center and for additional information emergency hand care, please call 502.540.3727.