Community Fitness & Wellness Facility
The Community Fitness and Wellness Facility at Frazier Rehab Institute in collaboration with the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation’s NeuroRecovery Network provide individuals with disabilities the opportunity to be ‘fit for life’. This activity-based exercise program is designed specifically for individuals with physical disabilities to improve cardiovascular/aerobic fitness, muscular strengthening and flexibility. Frazier Rehab’s Community Fitness Facility is fully accessible with state of the art equipment and professional staff trained to provide specialized activity based exercise interventions.
Community Fitness & Wellness Facility Application
Learn more about the Community Fitness and Wellness Center from our members:
Criteria for Joining:
- Primary applicant must have a physical disability
- Have medical clearance from a primary care physician or health provider to participate
- Be committed to a minimum of three months of participation
- Possess a desire for improved health and quality of life
- Complete membership application, orientation, and assessment procedures
- Complete a Client Information & Application
- Have your physician/health care provider complete the Medical Participation & Referral form
- Schedule and complete a facility orientation and assessment
- Review the intervention options available and choose membership package
- Begin working towards fitness and wellness goals
Membership Packages and Interventions:
- Basic Membership
- Guided Exercise
- Locomotor Training
- Functional Electrical Stimulation (legs, trunk, and arms)
- HUR Easy Access Circuit - includes 8 strength machines that allow independent training for wheelchair users, those with other mobility and specialty needs, as well as non-disabled.
- Therastride Locomotor Training Treadmill
- Functional Electrical Stimulation Cycles for upper and lower extremities
- Power Plate Pro 6
- Dual Cable Cross Strength Training Machines
- VitaGlide Pros
- NuStep Recumbent Stepper with bilateral leg stabilizers
- SCI Fit Upper Extremity Bike
- Easystand Standing Frame and Tilt Table
- Hi-lo mats, stability balls, kettle bells, etc.
For more information, call 502.582.7411.