Volunteer in Lexington
Saint Joseph Volunteers provide services to our patients and families. We want to be sure everyone who comes through the doors of our facilities feels welcome and supported.
- Our Greet and Escort Team help more than 4000 patients and families in a month.
- Our Newspaper Delivery Team delivers 325 Lexington Herald Leader newspapers a day to patient rooms and waiting areas.
- Patient Services Team volunteers visit patients at the bedside, offering assistance, companionship, and support.
- The Extraordinary Ministers of Communion and Pastoral Care Visitors visit patients at the bedside offering spiritual support.
- Last year volunteers delivered more than 4000 flowers, ecards, birthday wishes, tray cards, and pieces of mail to our patients.
- And we support the babies too! In one year, volunteers made over 3500 baby caps.
If you have a desire to help others, we have lots of options for you....whether you want to volunteer from home, be an occasional volunteer, or give service on a weekly basis. And we are always developing new programs and looking for new ways to support our customers.
Click the Start button to apply! (SUMMER TEEN APPLICANTS - DO NOT APPLY HERE)
If you would like to apply to be a volunteer at Saint Joseph Hospital, Saint Joseph East or Saint Joseph Jessamine, you may call the Volunteer Office at 859.313.1290 and request that an application be sent to you, or you may complete the application on-line by clicking on the Apply Now button.
We ask all of our new volunteers to give at least 30 hours of service to our organization. In return for your 30 hours, we will give you references letters or confirmations of service at your request. We do allow flexible scheduling for most of our volunteers, so you can plan your service around your lifestyle.