Pediatric Rehab Program
Frazier Rehab Institute has been providing comprehensive pediatric rehabilitation services since it first opened in 1954. The Pediatric Rehab Program provides a wide range of services to children and adolescents of all ages, birth to 17. The populations served include but are not limited to:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Cerebral Palsy
- Post- neurosurgery or orthopedic surgery
- Developmental Delays
- Sensory Integration Disorders
Scope of Services
Pediatric rehab services span the contiuum of care, from the acute inpatient hospital setting to outpatient care. Treatment is coordinated by a team of therapists whose goal is to improve functional outcomes while creating a safe and fun way for children to improve cognition, physical status, and social skills. In order to maximize patient outcomes and enhance the patient experience, Frazier offers:
- A comprehensive, team approach to maximize skills for daily living and recreation
- An emphasis on the family, including ongoing family teaching and education
- An focus on school re-integration, beginning at the initiation of treatment
- Collaboration with public and private schools to ensure successful maintainence of academic and social needs
- Collaboration with community and regional providers to ensure coordinated, continuous care
The multidisciplinary team of therapists includes: Pediatric Rehabilitation Physician, Pediatric Nurse Coordinator, Nurses, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists, Psychologists, Neuropsychologists, Recreation Therapists and pet therapy, Pulmonary Therapists, Dieticians and Case Managers/school liason.
The 15- story state-of-the-art Frazier Rehab and Neuroscience Center is home to Frazier Rehab’s Pediatric Program. Our Kosair Charities Pediatric Pavillion, located on the 8th floor, is specifically designed and equipped to meet the rehab needs of children. Our spacious, private patient rooms can accommodate a parent/guardian overnight. Additional accomodations are available through our partnership with the Ronald McDonald House, located one block away. The Pediatric Pavillion also offers:
- Private family education rooms
- Free cable and internet access
- Colorful therapy gym with a wide array of specialized equipment
- Sensory Integration treatment areas
- Snoezelen room designed to provide stimulation in a calming environment
- Larosa Lounge, a recreational activity area for patients and families
- Ronald McDonald House Family Room, for family dining and gathering
- An adaptive outdoor playground for use by pediatric inpatients and outpatients
For more Information about Outpatient Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, or Speech Therapy, call (502) 560-8389.
For more information about Outpatient Psychology and Neuropsychology Services, call (502) 582-7484.
For information about Inpatient services, call (502) 582-7476.
Frazier Rehab Institute
220 Abraham Flexner Way
Louisville, KY 40202