- KentuckyOne Health Offers Health Screenings, Demonstrations at Kentucky State Fair
KentuckyOne Health Offers Health Screenings, Demonstrations at Kentucky State Fair
Louisville, Ky. (August 11, 2014)—KentuckyOne Health, the largest health system in the Commonwealth, will offer health screenings, demonstrations and more at the upcoming Kentucky State Fair, set to take place August 14-24, 2014 at the Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center.
KentuckyOne Health will have the largest exhibit in the “Health Horizons” area of the South Wing. The exhibit will feature a number of free health screenings, demonstrations and opportunities to talk with medical experts from multiple hospitals and care centers part of the system network. Approximately 500 clinical and non-clinical volunteers will be on-hand each day.
“Preventative screenings and knowledge are two very important tools to identify potential health risks,” said Ruth W. Brinkley, president and CEO, KentuckyOne Health. “It is our goal to improve the life of all Kentuckians.”
Physicians, clinicians and volunteers will provide screenings and information on a number of health topics including heart care, primary care, stroke care, cancer, sports medicine, women’s health and information on smoking cessation.
Daily screenings and activities include: (Download full schedule)
- Blood pressure checks
- Cholesterol and glucose screenings
- James Graham Brown Cancer Center Mobile Mammography Van
- Walk-through, inflatable heart and colon
Activities and screenings that vary by day include: (Download full schedule)
- Oral, Head and Neck Cancer Screenings
- Coronary Artery Disease Screenings
- Our Lady of Peace Depression and Anxiety Screening
- Smoking Cessation Information
- University of Louisville Hospital Stroke Team
- University of Louisville Hospital Trauma Team
- University of Louisville Hospital Burn Unit
- KentuckyOne Health Cancer Care
- KentuckyOne Health Sports Medicine
- Frazier Rehab Institute Team
- Healthy Lifestyles Center
- Anywhere Care Demonstration
- STAR Program
- Weight Loss
- Employee Recruitment Team
- 30-year anniversary celebration of Kentucky’s first heart transplant
For a full breakdown of screenings and demonstrations offered by day, as well as additional information about each department highlighted at this year’s exhibit, please review the daily schedule online at KentuckyOneHealth.org/statefair.
About KentuckyOne Health
KentuckyOne Health was formed when two major Kentucky health care organizations came together in early 2012. KentuckyOne Health combines the Jewish and Catholic heritages of the two former systems – Jewish Hospital & St. Mary’s HealthCare and Saint Joseph Health System. In late 2012, the organization formed a partnership with the University of Louisville Hospital | James Graham Brown Cancer Center. The nonprofit system is committed to improving the health of Kentuckians by integrating medical research, education, technology and health care services wherever patients receive care. KentuckyOne Health has more than 200 locations including hospitals, physician groups, clinics, primary care centers, specialty institutes and home health agencies, with nearly 15,000 employees across the state of Kentucky and southern Indiana. KentuckyOne Health is the largest health system in Kentucky.